First United Methodist Church of Ravenna

 263 S Prospect St. Ravenna, Ohio, 44266

Our Mission: To make new disciples of Jesus Christ
for the transformation of the world.
Your Subtitle text

About Us


Founded in 1832 the Ravenna First United Methodist Church has faithfully served God and others continually since that time. After a couple of temporary locations, a church building was built in 1857 near the present location on South Prospect Street. The present building (which includes the sanctuary) was built in 1916 and dedicated in 1917. The education wing was added in 1959.

The congregation takes its mandate to serve God and to serve the people of Ravenna, Portage County and beyond very seriously. We have reached out in ways that make a difference to people because God's love is meant to be put into action.

In February 2006 we began our "Loaves and Fishes" program in which a free meal is provided every Saturday morning. About 12 area churches from several denominations take turns preparing and serving this meal. 85 to 100 people are served every week.

Script embedded in HTML